Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 12-17 minutes | Serves 8
1½ cups whole-wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon low-sodium baking powder
⅓ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 egg whites
⅔ cup almond milk
3 tablespoons safflower oil
½ cup finely shredded carrots
⅓ cup golden raisins, chopped
1. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, brown sugar, and cinnamon, and mix well.
2. In a small bowl, combine the egg, egg whites, almond milk, and oil and beat until combined. Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients just until combined. Don’t overbeat; some lumps should be in the batter that’s just fine.
3. Stir the shredded carrot and chopped raisins gently into the batter.
4. Double up 16 foil muffin cups to make 8 cups. Put 4 of the cups into the air fryer and fill ¾ full with the batter.
5. Bake for 12 to 17 minutes or until the tops of the muffins spring back when lightly touched with your finger.
6. Repeat with remaining muffin cups and the remaining batter. Cool the muffins on a wire rack for 10 minutes