Prep time: 15 minutes |Cook time: 30 minutes | Serves 4
FOR THE CHICKEN
¼ cup cornstarch, plus 2 teaspoons
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
Nonstick cooking spray
6 tablespoons ketchup
¾ cup apple cider vinegar
1½ tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
FOR THE CAULIFLOWER RICE
1 cup finely diced fresh pineapple
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cups frozen cauliflower rice, thawed
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 scallions, sliced
To prep the chicken:
- Set up a breading station with two small shallow bowls. Combine ¼ cup of cornstarch and the salt in the first bowl. In the second bowl, beat the eggs with the sesame oil.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the cornstarch mixture to coat, then into the egg mixture, then back into the cornstarch mixture to coat. Mist the coated pieces with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and remaining 2 teaspoons of cornstarch.
- To prep the cauliflower rice: Blot the pineapple dry with a paper towel. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, bell pepper, onion, and vegetable oil.
To cook the chicken and cauliflower rice: Install a crisper plate in each of the two baskets. Place the chicken in the Zone 1 basket and insert the basket in the unit. Place a piece of aluminum foil over the crisper plate in the Zone 2 basket and add the pineapple mixture. Insert the basket in the unit.
- Select Zone 1, select AIR FRY, set the temperature to 400°F, and set the time to 30 minutes.
- Select Zone 2, select AIR BROIL, set the temperature to 450°F, and set the time to 12 minutes. Select SMART FINISH.
- Press START/PAUSE to begin cooking.
- When the Zone 2 timer reads 4 minutes, press START/PAUSE. Remove the basket and stir in the cauliflower rice, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Reinsert the basket and press START/PAUSE to resume cooking.
- When cooking is complete, the chicken will be golden brown and cooked through and the rice warmed through. Stir the scallions into the rice and serve.
- Per servingCalories: 457| Total fat: 17g| Saturated fat: 2.5g| Carbohydrates: 31g| Fiber: 2.5g| Protein: 43g| Sodium: 1,526mg