Prep time: 15 minutes |Cook time: 30 minutes | Serves 4
FOR THE CHICKEN
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
⅓ cup cornstarch, plus 2 tablespoons
1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
Nonstick cooking spray
2 tablespoons grated orange zest
1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
¼ teaspoon minced fresh ginger
¼ teaspoon grated garlic
FOR THE SNAP PEAS
8 ounces snap peas
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ teaspoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 scallions, thinly sliced
To prep the chicken:
- Set up a breading station with three small shallow bowls. Place the flour in the first bowl. In the second bowl, beat the eggs. Place ⅓ cup of cornstarch in the third bowl.
- Bread the chicken pieces in this order: First, dip them into the flour to coat. Then, dip into the beaten egg. Finally, add them to the cornstarch, coating all sides. Mist the breaded chicken with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange zest, orange juice, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and remaining 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. Set orange sauce aside.
To prep the snap peas: In a large bowl, combine the snap peas, oil, garlic, ginger, salt, and black pepper. Toss to coat. To cook the chicken and snap peas: Install a crisper plate in the Zone 1 basket. Add the chicken to the basket and insert the basket in the unit. Place the snap peas in the Zone 2 basket and insert the basket in the unit.
- Select Zone 1, select AIR FRY, set the temperature to 400°F, and set the time to 30 minutes.
- Select Zone 2, select ROAST, set the temperature to 375°F, and set the time to 12 minutes. Select SMART FINISH.
- Press START/PAUSE to begin cooking.
- When the Zone 1 timer reads 15 minutes, press START/PAUSE. Remove the basket and shake to redistribute the chicken. Reinsert the basket and press START/PAUSE to resume cooking.
- When the Zone 1 timer reads 5 minutes, press START/PAUSE. Remove the basket and pour the reserved orange sauce over the chicken. Reinsert the basket and press START/PAUSE to resume cooking.
- When cooking is complete, the chicken and vegetables will be cooked through. Stir the scallions into the snap peas. Serve hot.
Calories: 473| Total fat: 13g| Saturated fat: 2g| Carbohydrates: 43g| Fiber: 2g| Protein: 44g| Sodium: 803mg