Prep time: 15 minutes |Cook time: 18 minutes | Serves 4
FOR THE CHICKEN SANDWICHES
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
4 thin-sliced chicken cutlets (4 ounces each)
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
4 hamburger rolls
FOR THE PICKLES
1 cup dill pickle chips, drained
1 large egg
½ cup panko bread crumbs
Nonstick cooking spray
½ cup ranch dressing, for serving (optional)
To prep the sandwiches:
- Set up a breading station with three small shallow bowls. Place the flour in the first bowl. In the second bowl, whisk together the eggs and hot sauce. Combine the panko, paprika, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper (if using) in the third bowl.
- Bread the chicken cutlets in this order: First, dip them into the flour, coating both sides. Then, dip into the egg mixture. Finally, coat them in the panko mixture, gently pressing the breading into the chicken to help it adhere. Drizzle the cutlets with the oil.
To prep the pickles:
- Pat the pickles dry with a paper towel.
- In a small shallow bowl, whisk the egg. Add the panko to a second shallow bowl.
- Dip the pickles in the egg, then the panko. Mist both sides of the pickles with cooking spray.
To cook the chicken and pickles:
- Install a crisper plate in each of the two baskets. Place the chicken in the Zone 1 basket and insert the basket in the unit. Place the pickles in the Zone 2 basket and insert the basket in the unit.
- Select Zone 1, select AIR FRY, set the temperature to 390°F, and set the time to 18 minutes.
- Select Zone 2, select AIR FRY, set the temperature to 400°F, and set the time to 15 minutes. Select SMART FINISH.
- Press START/PAUSE to begin cooking.
- When both timers read 10 minutes, press START/PAUSE. Remove the Zone 1 basket and use silicone-tipped tongs to flip the chicken. Reinsert the basket. Remove the Zone 2 basket and shake to redistribute the pickles.
Reinsert the basket and press START/PAUSE to resume cooking.
- When cooking is complete, the breading will be crisp and golden brown and the chicken cooked through (an instant-read thermometer should read 165°F). Place one chicken cutlet on each hamburger roll. Serve the “fried” pickles on the side with ranch dressing, if desired.
Calories: 418| Total fat: 12g| Saturated fat: 1.5g| Carbohydrates: 42g| Fiber: 2g| Protein: 36g| Sodium: 839mg